Aerial Hoop (also known as Lyra or Cerceau) combines dance, circus skills, choreography and fitness.
The aerial hoop is a large steel hoop, which is wrapped to create grip (unwrapped during COVID-19), suspended from the ceiling on which you can perform a range of moves, drops and poses.
It offers many ways to target all the major muscle groups.
In an Aerial Hoop class, students will build strength and flexibility with a range of strength building, conditioning, tricks and inverts.
What are Hoop classes at Tempest like?
For Aerial Hoop at Tempest we are able to offer:
- Different sized hoops from 85cm to 105cm to suit different people.
- Crash mats, safety mats and landing mats depending on the moves being taught.
- A mix of single and double point hoops.
- Up to 5 hoops to allow plenty of working time on the equipment. (One person per hoop during COVID-19)
- Sessions using hand straps (not during COVID-19).
- Sessions using swivel.
The aerial hoops can also be rigged to different heights for example to work on under bottom bar work, top bar work or to create a hoop that is accessible without inverting.
We also offer Beginners Hoop 4 week courses to learn the basics where everyone starts at the same level.
What are the age are limits for classes?
Aerial Hoop = 14 Years,
We are able to provide private lessons for people and children of all ages and abilities.