This policy has been written to improve the quality and enjoyment of classes at Tempest Dance Studio, making it a place where people of any gender, background or ability can feel comfortable and accepted.
You have 3hrs before the start of class to cancel your classes either on the system or via message without a charge. If you cancel with less than 3 hours notice or no-show for a class, there will be a charge as you are taking a spot away from other students.
Cancellation fees for all classes is £5 to be paid via paypal paypal.me/TempestStudio/5.
If you fail to attend a class or cancel without notice for a class that is at full capacity you will be required to pay the price of the class in full, (e.g. £10 pole/aerial) as we usually have a waiting list. Students with more than 3 no-show/last minute cancellation in one month will be unable to book in advance in future.
We must have at least 24 hours notice for a private lesson cancellation. Payment will be retained for the re-scheduled class, no refunds will be given for private lessons. Full payment will be retained if less than 24 hour notice is given.
If you cancel a class with a guest instructor or for a workshop with less than 24 hours notice you will be required to pay in full. Certain workshops may have their own cancellation and refund policy which may include no refunds. If you need to cancel for a workshop last minute that is fully booked, see if you can get another student to take your spot! If you can find a replacement for a fully booked workshop, you will not be charged! Just make sure your replacement tells us they are replacing you.
- Please aim to arrive 5-10 minutes before the start of class.
- You may not be allowed to participate in the class if you arrive after the warm up is finished.
- We are happy to accept walk-ins but you must book into the class from the website to guarantee your place.
- Payment must be made at the start of the class. Pricing Options : see pricing page
- It is important to stay for and join in the cool down at the end of the class.
SAFETY, HYGIENE and GUIDELINES
- Please remove shoes on entry – no shoes allowed on mats.
- Do not instruct other classmates on a move that has not already been taught to them by the instructor. This could result in being asked to leave without a refund.
- Do not attempt a move that has not been taught by the instructor.
- No jewellery allowed, this includes belly bars, bracelets, rings, necklaces, anklets and watches. Stud earrings worn at your own risk.
- No chewing gum or fizzy drinks cans allowed in class. Please deposit empty water bottles in bins provided.
- Please do not wear body lotion to class (except Body Shop sorbet)
- Only positive vibes allowed in class towards yourself and others.
- Please leave bags, shoes and coats in designated area only.
- No alcohol permitted before or during class.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for your activity. Shorts and t-shirt/vest for pole, leggings and t-shirt with armpits covered for aerial. No zips, buttons, rivets or studs on shorts.
- Please do not sit on the heaters or switch heaters on/off.
- Please do not use pole cloths to wipe your body, you may bring your own towel.
- Please clean your pole and any chalk marks on the floor at the end of the class.
- Do not photograph anyone without their permission.
- By participating in class photography/videography you hereby release all rights to Tempest Dance and Fitness for promotional purposes, unless otherwise explicitly stated by yourself.
- Please tag the studio or your instructor in your photographs on FB #teamtempest #tempeststudio
Private lessons must be paid for in advance.
You must notify us 24 hours in advance if you would like to reschedule. No refunds are given for private lessons only class credit.
If less than 12 hour notice is given the payment will be retained in full.
Please note the expiry date on your block booking as we cannot extend the expiry date. All classes must be taken within the 2 or 3 month period. Block cards are non-transferrable.
Dance, fitness, pole and aerial classes are challenging physical activities. Minor bumps and bruises are common. All students must work within their own capabilities and listen to instruction at all times. If you experience any discomfort during class please listen to your body and rest. Any injury must be disclosed to the instructor.
The instructor will from time to time need to touch you for spotting, posture, alignment and correction.
Please ensure you are on time for class and stay until the end as a warm up and cool down is essential to avoid muscle strain and stiffness.
If you would like to see a detailed risk assessment, or copies of your instructor’s First Aid qualifications, or insurance, please ask.
By accepting the terms and conditions: You agree to take full responsibility for your actions during all parts of my training. You understand that you may receive some bruising, muscle soreness and chaffing. You understand that broken bones are possible. By taking part in a class you understand that you may receive injuries which could result in death. You understand that it is your responsibility to take account of any physical or mental impediments you have before you begin any class. You will cease participation and contact the instructor if you feel unwell and you will work at your own level throughout the class.
Where possible we will accommodate any individual, though adjustments may need to be made or medical advice sought if you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the Health and Fitness questions. We therefore reserve the right to defer any student to seek medical guidance before participating in a class. It is our strict policy not to teach pregnant women in scheduled classes. By accepting the terms and conditions you confirm that you will disclosed all medical conditions to the instructor and update them when necessary and that where relevant you will carry personal medical equipment at all times (eg epi-pen or inhaler).