THIS POLICY HAS BEEN UPDATED May 2022. There is also a separate Covid-19 policy.
This policy has been written to improve the quality and enjoyment of classes at
Tempest Dance Studio, making it a place where people of any gender, background
or ability can feel comfortable and accepted.
Classes must be paid in full at the time of booking. You have 24 hours before the
start of class to cancel your classes via email and your class fee will be carried
forward or refunded. If you request a refund a cancellation fee of 1.4% plus 20p will
be retained to cover costs. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or no-show for a
class, the class fee will not be refunded as you are taking a spot away from other
Students with more than 3 no-show/last minute cancellation in one month may be
unable to book in advance in future.
We must have at least 24 hours notice for a private lesson cancellation. Payment
will be retained for the re-scheduled class, no refunds will be given for private
lessons. Full payment will be retained if less than 24 hour notice is given.
If you cancel a class with a guest instructor or for a workshop with less than 24
hours notice you will be required to pay in full. Certain workshops may have their
own cancellation and refund policy which may include no refunds.
• Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before the start of class.
• You may not be allowed to participate in the class if you arrive after the class has
• You must book into the class from the website to guarantee your place.
SAFETY, HYGIENE and GUIDELINES
• Please remove shoes on entry – no shoes allowed on mats.
• Do not instruct other classmates on a move that has not already been taught to
them by the instructor. This could result in being asked to leave without a refund.
• Do not attempt a move that has not been taught by the instructor.
• No jewellery allowed, this includes belly bars, bracelets, rings, necklaces, anklets
and watches. Stud earrings worn at your own risk.
• No chewing gum or fizzy drinks cans allowed in class. Please deposit empty water
bottles in bins provided.
• Please do not wear body lotion to class.
• Only positive vibes allowed in class towards yourself and others.
• Please only bring what you need for class, leave coats and bags in the car where
• Please leave bags and shoes in designated area only.
• No alcohol permitted before or during class.
• Please wear appropriate clothing for your activity. Shorts and t-shirt/vest for pole,
leggings and t-shirt with armpits covered for aerial. No zips, buttons, rivets or
studs on shorts.
• Please do not sit on the heaters or switch heaters on/off.
• Please do not use pole cloths to wipe your body, you may bring your own towel.
• At the end of the class please clean your pole first and then the floor with the cloth provided.
• Do not photograph anyone without their permission.
• By participating in class photography/videography you hereby release all rights to
Tempest Dance and Fitness for promotional purposes, unless otherwise explicitly
stated by yourself.
• Please tag the studio or your instructor in your photographs on FB #teamtempest
Private lessons must be paid for in advance or in cash on the day by agreement.
You must notify us 24 hours in advance if you would like to reschedule. No refunds
are given for private lessons only class credit. Credit will have a 6 months expiry
If less than 24 hour notice is given the payment will be retained in full.
A discount code is available for those booking 4 or more classes in one month. This code reduces classes from £12 to £10.44. The code can be used for one person’s bookings only. Sessions can be transferred to a different date with 24 hours notice – if a refund is requested for one or more sessions then all of the class fees return to the original amount or £12 and the refund will be processed accordingly, as per our terms and conditions (a cancellation fee of 1.4% plus 20p will be retained to cover costs).
Dance, fitness, pole and aerial classes are challenging physical activities. Minor
bumps and bruises are common. All students must work within their own capabilities
and listen to instruction at all times. If you experience any discomfort during class
please listen to your body and rest. Any injury must be disclosed to the instructor.
The instructor will from time to time need to touch you for spotting, posture,
alignment and correction.
Please ensure you are on time for class and stay until the end as a warm up and
cool down is essential to avoid muscle strain and stiffness.
If you would like to see a detailed risk assessment, or copies of your instructor’s First
Aid qualifications, or insurance, please ask.
By accepting the terms and conditions: You agree to take full responsibility for your
actions during all parts of my training. You understand that you may receive some
bruising, muscle soreness and chaffing. You understand that broken bones are
possible. By taking part in a class you understand that you may receive injuries
which could result in death. You understand that it is your responsibility to take
account of any physical or mental impediments you have before you begin any
class. You will cease participation and contact the instructor if you feel unwell and
you will work at your own level throughout the class.
Where possible we will accommodate any individual, though adjustments may need
to be made or medical advice sought if you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the Health and
Fitness questions. We therefore reserve the right to defer any student to seek
medical guidance before participating in a class. It is our strict policy not to teach
pregnant women in scheduled classes. By accepting the terms and conditions you
confirm that you will disclosed all medical conditions to the instructor and update
them when necessary and that where relevant you will carry personal medical
equipment at all times (eg epi-pen or inhaler).